Monday, June 6, 2011

30 Days Of Creativity: Day 6

30 Days Of Creativity: Day 6 - Magazine Dolls

Supplies: Magazine, Scissors, Glue Stick, Kraft Paper

I have tons of magazine stacked up in my house that I just can't seem to part with. Occasionally, I like to break them out for some crafting. Today, I decided to make some cut and paste magazine dolls.

I went through a fashion magazine and cut out a bunch of random clothes, heads, legs, and a few accessories. Then, I pieced them together to make some fun little magazine dolls. I glued them all to a piece of kraft paper, though any paper would work. A landscape background would be fun. A simple project, but tons of fun, and a real outlet for creativity!

I would have liked to had some arms for my dolls, but magazine arms are apparently hard to come by. After assembling my dolls, I thought it would be fun to do some collages with additional things for the dolls to be doing. Kind of a paper doll house of sorts. Maybe I'll have to look through some of my other magazines for some furniture, props and backgrounds.

Blogger.com is having issues uploading pictures right now, so I'll try posting them again tomorrow...

No comments: