Thursday, June 2, 2011

30 Days Of Creativity: Day 2

30 Days Of Creativity: Day 2 - Pom Poms

Supplies: Yarn, Pom Pom Makers, Scissors


I've had some pom pom makers sitting around in my craft room for quite some time and decided to try them out again. It's probably been 5 years since I last used them, so I checked YouTube for some how-to videos to refresh my memory. Some of the videos even show you how to make your own pom pom maker out of cardboard, which seemed easy enough.




I only had thick yarn in the house, so that's what I used. It was less time consuming than I remember it being some years back when I used regular yarn, which was nice. But, it's really your preference on how they look at the end. I liked the puffier pom poms the thicker yarns made, but I also liked the pom poms I had made previously. Regardless, they all end up in my cat's mouths anyway, so I'm not real picky. Someday, I'd like to find some other projects that utilize pom poms. They're fun to make and you can work on them while watching television, riding in the car, waiting for an appointment, etc. which is always an added bonus in my book.

No comments: