Friday, June 3, 2011

30 Days Of Creativity: Day 3

30 Days Of Creativity: Day 3 - Sticky Trim Note Cards & Envelopes

Supplies: Sticky Trim, Paper, Envelopes, Scissors, Paper Cutter (optional)

I've been wanting to use the Wrights Stick-to Craft Trim I found in my grandmother's sewing stash for a while now. I'm not much of a sewer (though I aspire to be) so I decided to utilize them in a project I have some practice in—paper crafts! The packaging for this trim said ©1986, and I have no idea if it's even still readily available. However, if you happen to have some in your stash, or come across some in your grandma's sewing supplies...here's a project idea!


I used silver and gold trim like the one on the left. Only after I took the picture did I even notice I had two option of gold trim. Project for another day!

I started with a few sheets of 8 1/2 x 11 white card stock and cut it down the center. I used my paper cutter, but if you don't have access to one, just fold it down the middle and cut. Then, I folded the paper in half to turn it into a note card. After a few blank cards were ready, I got to my sticky trim. I basically just started at the top, bottom, or side of the card and did one layer right next to another, switching back and forth between colors.

I did simple designs on 3 note cards and the back of 1 envelope. It was real easy to do and it worked very well. I was wishing I had different colors of trim to make something a little funkier. Maybe I'll get lucky and come across some different colors someday...


No comments: